Along with the benefit and responsibility of serving as a Community Police Officer with one of the finest municipal agencies in the country each officer is also provided:
- All required equipment and uniforms
- State and Local Government and Law Enforcement Officer's retirement plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave
- Physical fitness facilities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work schedule that provides seven days off every 14-day cycle, including every other weekend
Applicants selected must successfully undergo:
Physical examination - medical examination to be conducted by a city selected physician.
Oral Board - Five person panel comprised to asked questions to determine your suitability for employment.
Police psychological examination.
Polygraph - internal examination to determine your suitability for employment.
Extensive background investigation and criminal/credit check - will include but not limited to a canvass of your neighborhood, school records, colleges and/or university records, etc.
Drug test - must submit to a urine and/or blood test to determine drug use if any.