Fairbrook Optimist Dog Park
Featuring separate fenced areas for large and small dogs, obstacle courses, pet stations, dog water fountains, individual covered shelters, park benches, and restrooms.
This dog park is unsupervised. Please follow all posted park rules and regulations.
Dog Park Rules & Regulations
• The park is unsupervised. Equipment is for dogs only.
• The City of Hickory is not liable for any damages. Owners are liable for any injuries or damages caused by their dogs.
• Dogs must wear a valid rabies tag at all times (NCGS 130A-190).
• Maximum of two (2) dogs per owner.
• No dogs without owners and no owners without dogs. Owners must remain in the dog park and supervise their dog(s) at all times.
• Please pick up and dispose of all pet waste properly. Bags and containers are provided.
• Dogs are not allowed that are sick, aggressive, in heat-females, or without a valid rabies tag.
• Dogs that weigh less than 30 pounds must use the small dog park.
• Leash your dog until it is safely inside, and return it to leash before exiting. Leash your dog whenever you sense problems.
• Violation of the leash ordinances will result in loss of privileges and possible fines.
• Children under 16 years old must be supervised by an adult at all times.
• Do not let your dog dig holes. If they do, please fill them in immediately.
• Gates must remain closed at all times after entry and exit.
• No smoking, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, or food (people/animal) allowed in dog park. Dogs become protective or aggressive in the presence of food.
• Choke, spike, chain, or pinch collars are not allowed in off leash areas.
• Always keep an eye on your dog and maintain voice control to prevent trouble.
• Equipment in the dog park is for dogs only. Please do not let your children climb on the equipment.
• Shirts and shoes required for humans.
• Strollers, carriages, bicycles, motorized vehicles, or children’s toys are not allowed in the dog park.
• Professional dog trainers are not permitted to use the off leash areas for business purposes without approval from the Parks, Recreation & Sports Tourism Department.
• Do not brush or groom dogs inside dog park areas.
• Access to the dog park may be restricted during special events and/or maintenance. If so, notice will be posted.
• Violators will be subject to removal from the park and suspension of privileges.
• The City of Hickory reserves the right to ban any dog/owner for failure to comply with park rules and regulations.